We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Sunday, May 3, 2009

High Chair Project

Ever since we started our family I have had this desire to have an old wooden high chair. Our boys have been out of that stage oh let's see...almost 10 yrs but since we decided to adopt I've once again begun my search for my dream high chair. We found a few at antique dealers and flea markets but they've always had a hefty price tag on them so we planned to hit some garage sales this summer to find one. I'm now happy to say that garage sale season is just starting and I already found one. I didn't even know there was a garage sale going on in town yesterday but since I had to be up so early to take Austin to football registration I saw "the sign" of course Austin was not happy. He will not wear anything or use anything from a garage sale or thrift store which I don't understand cause I've been doing both for as long as I can remember. Anyway as I speed by I see a wooden high chair (painted of course) however I can't stop because I only have 5 mins to get to Orange City,I couldn't get to Orange City, register Austin and get back fast enough. I keep thinking Oh please hurry or my high chair will be gone, please hurry! Heading back to Alton my Denali wouldn't go fast enough and as I pull up to the house I see it. Just waiting for me all painted up! The gal had $8.00 on it but being on a budget and alittle tight I asked her if she would take $5.00, she said yes, I paid her and away we went. Then the work started...I needed to get all the paint off so I can get it back to the original look. My neighbor is an antique dealer so he helped me allot. I worked roughly 6 hours just to get the paint off, now I need to use paint thinner to get the remaining off before I can stain it. He told me that I got a heck of a deal for only $5.00, he said that it was made in the 1930's. He could tell by the shape of the tray, the way it's beveled and the curve for the body (tummy). I'm super excited about my purchase and think it's going to turn out just as I've always dreamed! I will post finished pictures when I complete my project!

Have an amazing day and don't forget to Thank God for your Life!!













0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment