We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Monday, May 4, 2009

How we spend our Sundays

Jamie and I love our bikes. Jamie has always had a love for Harley's and I really didn't care either way. In all honesty I didn't think I'd even care to ride on one. I was wrong we got both our bikes 2 summers ago, Jamie got his 1st and I rode on the back thinking I'd be OK with that well after a short month we started looking for another Harley. I think it may be a control issue!! We were very lucky to find one identical to Jamie's for sale in MN. Keep in mind that I have never drove a motorcycle in my life so Jamie buys the Harley and an old 1983 Honda 650...this is my "practice bike" and let me tell you she was a dandy. I started off in the church parking lost across from our house, in 1st gear going in circles...1st one way then the other. Slowly I worked into shifting and going all the way around the parking lot. I felt pretty comfortable but again this was a little 650 my Harley is a 1500 much bigger, heavier bike. Jamie had confidence in me so I decided to give it a try it was honestly no different then the little one, it's all in the balance. The rest is history...we now have a love for Harley's and in the summer try to get a family ride in on weekends. Austin will not ride with me so I always get Tristan which is perfectly fine with me. I'm not sure if the girl on a Harley, it's my mom or that he's really scared of my driving is keeping him away, however we tease him about it often. We took our family ride yesterday thru a few neighboring towns, to my parents house and then by some friends. We love it...freedom...fresh air...and time to think. After our ride yesterday we now have a family joke about buying side carts(or whatever they're really called) for the bikes since we're adding to our family.

I have some adoption news that I'll be posting later tonight...Yippeee until then have an amazing day!!



0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment