We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Friday, May 15, 2009

Done!!

Whew I got everything done today, there were a few change in plans but they were actually to my advantage. I faxed the Dossier to our agent this morning so they could proof everything one final time before it got sent to the Secretary of State of be apostilled. Everything looked great, W even gave me an air high 5 over the phone because I did so well and everything was so organized and in order to the check list. I think that may have to do with he fact that I went over and over and over everything to make sure. After I got the OK, I ran to the bank to get the cashiers check, to the Fed Ex drop box to get envelopes then back home to print labels online. I had the Dossier complete in an envelope with prepaid label and I thought maybe I better call just to make sure I'm not forgetting something they need, you know how that works, they get it and somethings missing so they sent it back they we send it back and you lost at least a week. The news I received was shocking yet pleasant, she said that they do not want people sending all the documents to them in case something would happen, me not knowing says, well they have to be apostilled and she said all we need is the notary name, the date the document was signed and the # of pages. She told me she could fax a form and I could just put all the information on there along with requesting country. I turned around and asked her if I could get the info and call her back if I would pay over the phone. Her answer was Yes! Easy enough I paid $5.00 for each of the 39 documents that needed to be apostilled and she told me they would be in the mail on Monday and I should have them by Wednesday. Perfect! I called our agency right away to verify this was an OK process and she told me that some states don't require the documents be sent it. So for all my fellow Iowans going thru adoption, save yourself the time and just call in your information.

As soon as I get those from the Secretary of State I will attach them and sent everything off to our agent. Our offical "waiting" date is getting closer and closer, actually kinda makes me nervious at times.

I did get the approved HS in the mail for USCIS so now we just wait for our I-171H form.

I believe that God has a reason for everything and He was looking out for us today because if I would of mailed the Dossier to Iowa, I was going to give them a prepaid label to sent everything to our agent which mean that I would have also had to mail some additional forms plus the $12450.00 but now that I have to wait for the forms from the state I'll just mail everything together, that gives us, hummm....about 1 more week to figure out the money deal! God is good.


This is a Dossier check list from our agency. I can remember looking at this thinking, No Problem, little did I know the time, effort and of course the waiting that goes into it.


Finished project...the Dossier


God told me to drop everything and follow him and that's what I'm doing. I feel I can't go wrong as long as I don't push Him out of the driver's seat. I do that and I'm in trouble because I'm not real sure of the way. You drive God, I'll rest!

Love Jill

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment