We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day! As Jamie and I were driving around today we saw the many people, flowers, and flags in the cemeteries. Some people even take today to put something alittle more personal on the stone of their loved ones. Jamie lost is father 5 years ago very suddenly from a heart attack. We weren't able to go back to visit his father or put something by the stone from us this weekend but he was in our thoughts and prayers.

We walked to the park by our house where they hold the Memorial Service to take a picture of the flags blowing in the wind. Now keep in mind I have a very nice camera but don't know anything about it, I can't give a picture a special effect because I don't know how but when we got home to look at the pictures on every one of them the center flag is much bolder in color, I thought it was pretty and wondered how I accidentally did that and Jamie says, "Jill, it's no accident. That flag is for my dad" What a wonderful thought.

We love and miss you Grandpa Jim

1 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie, Jason and I stopped by your dad's grave for you on Sunday. We figured you wouldn't be able to visit. Love, Dawn

Post a Comment