We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Monday, May 11, 2009

Family Handyman Service & Update

When I shared my new idea with Jamie his exact words were, "I'm game but what else are you going to come up with"? Hummmm let me think ?!?! I told him whatever I have to in order to complete this adoption without digging a financial hole! I'm just thankful God gave me such a creative mind and good work ethics. (thanks mom and dad too)

We are calling my new idea.....Family Handyman Service and that's just what it is. We will do almost anything. Thank goodness my hubby has allot of talents especially in remodeling, home repair, and concrete to name a few. It don't end there the boys and I will be helping in this adventure too so besides small construction jobs we will run errands for you or a family member that can't get out so easily or maybe just too busy, take care of your home and/or pets while you're away, yard work, cleaning gutters, also I am a full time mom working from home so I will do child care day, night or weekends in our home. If there is something that you think either Jamie, Tristan, Austin or myself would be able to do please give us a call. We have a long ways to go to $50K but our shorter goal is $12,450 that needs to go to our agency as soon as the Home Study is done....like a week. Yikes. $12,450 seems like allot and it is but the fees that need to be paid before our dossier can travel to Russia are as follows, just so you see the reality of cost. We are going for 2 children but are only paying fees upfront for one, when we get the referral for 2 we will have to send in additional fees where it says per child.

- Post-placement Administration Fee - $550/per child
- Dossier Fee - $2,400/per child
- International Processing Fee - $4,500/per child
- Deposit for Foreign Country Fee - $5,000 (comes off foreign country
fee of $21,000)


I am going to put a ticket on the website to show where we are in relationship to the $50k needed to complete the adoption. Right now we are roughly $1000.00 ahead in PROFIT from our fundraisers + we already paid $6400.00 to our agency and Home Study agency which came from personal savings. I actually have everything organized on an spreadsheet so will post that ticker asap.


UPDATE ON POST FROM YESTERDAY...
We had hoped that our Home Study would be complete today however when I called this morning they told me that they had a walk in audit and would be busy with that until Tuesday. As long as no other unforeseen things happen I will go pick it up on Wednesday morning.

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment