We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Blessed

I had a busy weekend so I wasn't able to post but I've thought a lot about the words to use in this post and I'll be honest I don't have them and probably never will but it's time for me to share what God has been up to.

In a previous post I wrote about wanting to bring an Angel Bear to A on our 1st trip. I'm kind of a I'll do that now, I'll get that right now gal but for some reason I never really pursued looking or buying the Angel Bear. Was I going to before I left? Yes but God had other plans.

You could only imagine what I felt when I came home from work on Friday to find this sitting on my kitchen island....

An Angel Bear! and Angel Bear had a note. This bear was giving to friends of ours who lost a child 11 years ago and after reading my blog they said they knew God was asking them to pass it on. They now have decided to let us take Angel Bear to A. After reading the card all I could do was cry happy tears. We are so blessed and God has crossed our paths with some very amazing people. Angel Bear is still sitting on the hutch in our kitchen and every time I look at it I'm amazed at how obvious God is in my life. I plan to move it to A's crib until it's time to travel to Russia. Angel Bear has a name....in our home Angel Bear will be called Kade (Kade is Pam/Derrick's son who God took home 11 yrs ago).

Thanks to the Derrick & Pam De Haan family A will now have an Angel to watch over her.

Humbly we Thank You
The Verduin's and Miss A

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment