We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Another days work

Before I tell you what we got accomplished at our nutritional club I have to share something cool I read on a sign today. It said...God will never require more than He can provide. Now that is super cool and the greatest thing is...it's true!

We're so close to opening the doors of New Life Nutrition and I'm more excited than ever. After Jamie got off work tonight we went to Sibley (30 miles away) to pick up a fridge I found on a local classified website, not craigslist this time. You have to be careful with craigslist, sometimes they sell things and if you don't go claim it that night they might sell it to someone else and sometimes they tell you it's still for sale and to come look at it but they never reply with their address...hummmm. Anyway I actually thought I found a fridge last Friday and that deal fell through which turned out to be a good deal for us because this one is newer/cleaner/nicer and cheaper. We got back with the fridge and still had a good part of the night left so I cleaned the fridge with my favorite...bleach, Jamie nailed the trim on that I stained and varnished and than he textured the wall in the spots he repaired so I can paint tomorrow. Mom was over but we still haven't decided on color so I guess I'm left to figure it out alone. If I get the office and the dining area painted tomorrow hopefully the carpet cleaner can squeeze us in so we can start moving things in this weekend than all we will be waiting on is the plumber.

Our website is up and running.... www.newlifenutrition-ia.com





I don't have any great news on our adoption like we got "the call" or anything but I have to share this exciting news. We have Delta Dental so I called customer service the other day and after being transferred 100 different times I finally got to a gal named Cindy who I had to leave a message for so I told her about our adoption and that we were looking for things to take along to the orphanage and was wondering if they would be interested in donating toothbrushes. After I didn't get a return call I told myself I was crazy and they weren't going to call back...I was wrong! Cindy called today and was more than happy to supply us with toothbrushes for the orphanage. See what I mean....God is moving all around us, every single day we just need to acknowledge the door He's opening and move through it. That completely boosted my confidence so I've now emailed Aqua Fresh for toothpaste, heck what's the worst that can happen...They could say No but than I'll keep asking until I find someone who will. I'm also interested in diapers and formula (not liquid) so if you work in a place that offers any items like this please check with someone in charge and see if they would be willing to donate to the orphanages and we'll pay for extra baggage if we have to to get them there.


Remember to thank God for all the gifts in your life and most important remember the reason He gives you life....to serve Him!

Love Jill

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment