We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Thursday, July 9, 2009

3 Part Post

It feels like forever since I posted and so much has happened so this will be long. I'm going to cover updates on Family, Business, and Adoption. Family first...We decided to spent the 4th of July weeeknd by my sister and her family in MO. This was kinda 2 part because we left on Thursday morning since Jamie got Friday off, spent the night at my sisters and early Friday morning Jamie and I headed to Topeka KS to train in a Nutritional Club. The boys spent the day with Gina and her 2 kids. On Saturday Gina, Ava (Gina's daughter) and I hung out at home in the morning and then headed out to do some shopping. The guys all went fishing. We got called once to come pick up the 2 youngest but then the fish started biting so they decided to stay. Saturday night we grilled out and did fireworks, I think the adults had more fun with this than the kids. Ok I have to tell you....I proved to myself that I can still flip upside down on monkey bars! haha Jamie said it didnt look very graceful and the kids laughed. He got a picture half way through but if I posted that I'd never be able to show my face again. Sunday we got up for church, had brunch at Hy Vee and headed home. I loved the table and chairs that Heather had in her club so we stopped at Nebraska Furniture Mart on the way home it pick 2 up. Jamie thinks we should plan the 4th of July at the Spiller's every year. Little surprise for you sissy I forgot to tell you that! haha I was just looking thru the pics and I forgot about the go cart. That was a blast. It was an awesome weekend and here's the proof.

This is by far NOT my best picture but who cares we we're having so much fun! My sister and the kids doing fireworks. I think my sister was actually making sure no one took her snakes. You know those little black thingy you light up and they grow...she loves them hehe

We were able to get in the building tonight where we will be opening our Nutritional Club. We got cabinets set and the counter top is setting on the front counter however Jamie is going to cut the counter top and raise some of it. The table against the wall is only there to give us an idea of space because the fridge will be there. After the cabinets are screwed together and to the floor we also have to get the plumber in there to hook up sinks and drains. Jamie is going to tile the floor in our work space to be in code with the health dept because it needs to be hard surface. We weren't going to paint but after everything is moved out it could use a fresh coat. iwireless was previously there and they had a lot of stuff hanging on the walls. Our outside sign is being made. Everything is moving along great...better than planned...our original plan was to start setting cabinets July 15th. We planned to open August 1st but mid August is looking closer. I took this month off to get our Club running. I love the freedom, for almost 2 yrs I worked 13+ hour days with only Sunday off. I'm doing things around the house I've neglected, getting things lined up at the Club and spending time with family.



Adoption....Big News...we're waiting! We are so busy right now the wait don't even bother us and to be honest we're hoping to get the Club opened and running so that when we leave for Russia someone can run it and we won't have to close. I talked to W. today and she said the summer months are slow and picks back up around Sept. I told her that was good, gives us time and she said well we never know about that referrals still come in. God knows what He's doing so whatever happens is done by His will and will work out!

Awhile back I posted that we thought we found a swing set we wanted, that ended up not working but we bought another one. We are moving it home this Sat and I will post pictures of the process. My super duper friend Becky emailed me this picture when I told her we bought one that we needed to move. She knows me pretty well, if this was the only option I probably would try it!

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment