We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Friday, January 28, 2011

My Secret Birdie

I have a hidden secret little birdie who has been feeding me information and I didn't think I'd openly share her here especially the way our adoption has been going but I have to after today.

When we were told the 1st part of Dec that we would travel Dec 15th and than Dec 28th and than Jan 15th a friend of mine asked me if I really believed all our agency was saying. No I don't yet I do believe that God ultimately is in control however after her and I talked I began to question more so I googled agency that work in Smolensk. Yup you guessed it I found one and have been in close contact with them. They were the ones that 1st told me about the "meeting" on the 27th, NOT our agency, of course when I told them what I found out the suddenly remembered something about it being mentioned but claim they didn't know a date. Whatever....if your Russian reps were going which they did they knew when it was taking place. Well after the call yesterday about nothing being decided and having to wait until next week to find more out I couldn't get settled on that answer so today I called my special informative friend and here is what she told me about the meeting. The adoption center in Smolensk has confirmed that each agency currently working in Smolensk with only be allowed 2 international adoptions per year. They told all the agencies that had reps at the meeting that the adoption center would be open the next 3 weeks on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and each agency needed to come in to further discuss the 2 adoption and when referrals would be given. She said that their reps were going back right away next week because they also have 2 families waiting with files already there. She assumed that our agency was doing the same thing and that is way they said they wouldn't know anything until next week. So they didn't lie but they sure could of eased my mind by telling me alittle more. She said that if her reps had this info so did ours. I asked her if she felt confident that her 2 families would get referrals and she said Yes I am and as long as your agency follows up next week I'm confident you will too. This would of been great info coming from our agency however I guess I can be thankful that she takes the time to share with me. It's odd...I have never given this gal a dime, and she owes me nothing but the agency I gave my money too can't ever tell me anything. I'm learning...learning a lot but it's all worth it!

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment