We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bouncing back

In the mist of what seems to be a total nightmare to me I can't help but notice that God is good. Last night as I prayed I know that He was there and I know that His arm is not to short to reach from heaven, to me to Russia and I know that when it's time He will. Even on days like yesterday when I cry out to Him and wonder if He's really there I know He is and just because He hasn't said "Jill it's time to meet the daughter I picked for you" I know He's listening and I know He knows my heart. Just as promised in Isaiah 59:1 ( Surely the arm of the LORD is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear)

This morning felt like most mornings as I drug mysef out of bed at 6:15am happy that all kiddos were still asleep so I can get my coffee before I become an in-demand mom. After I poured my coffee on most mornings I say good morning to Jamie who is usually already up and then head upstairs to start the day but this morning something was telling me to flip the page in my devotional calendar. I almost ignored it and proceeded upstairs but I stopped and went back to find these words. Where God guides, He provides. That changed my attitude, how can I even begin to think that God isn't listening. He is and I need to find the wisdom and understanding to realize that He sees the big picture and He knows whats best for me, for our family, for Miss A and for Gavin and Jazmine. He loves me and He didn't bring me all this way to clip both of my wings and leave me here.

I told my dear friend about this song awhile back when it first came out and how it spoke to me, today she emailed the link back to me. Thats God my friends. He knows my pain.

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment