We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Monday, February 8, 2010

Tossed Around

I've been busy running around getting all our new documents for Russia while trying to get home study documents ready for the foster program. I feel Ive been keeping it all straight until today. I went to get our police clearances for the 3rd time and after waiting 20 mins she hands we 2 forms, 1 for Jamie and 1 for me. I requested 2 for each of us so she did another one however after I got them I noticed her notary expires May 23, 2010 which means that I will have to repay her 1 more visit because we can't have a document in our dossier for court with an expired notary. She was very crabby and I was edgy. It was my day off and everything I tried to do back fired. I wanted to mark 3 items off the list for Russia and only 1 got marked off which really needs to be back on because it'll have to be done again. grrr Well now that I was frustrated and a bit confused I called my agency to go over the "to do list" I had from them. I need to rewind alittle, the gal we always worked with got moved and because of the background of adoption the director decided that she wanted to be the one to finish it with us since she already knew everything that was going on. I'll be honest, shes awesome and she knows what shes going but shes the director and shes too busy to paperwork chase with us so today I was back talking to the travel department ( I like this dept anyway) and was informed that not all the documents on the 1st list are needed, those are only needed if it would be a normal annual update and our is different since we already know our region and our daughter. So I spent the night going over the list and retyping documents. Theres the irony, in a later email tonight she says oh by the way I wouldn't of had you get those police clearances yet anyway because you need new ones before court!

Tomorrow is a new day and I'm going to mark 3 items off the list. Tomorrow night is another meeting for our foster program and than back to work on Wed.

Praying for Dawn and Rob, they are in Russia right now for court.

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment