We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Friday, February 5, 2010

God brings fulfillment in our wait

Think of all the time you are wasting being miserable in waiting. Why not determine to enjoy the wait and provide yourself a lot more joy in your life?

I share a lot on this blog but not everything and I never thought Id post today on waiting but after a conversation I had this morning with my dear friend I knew there were some things I could say. During our conversation she was asking me about Amara and time frames to which I told her what we are hoping for but know nothing more than that and she says, I'm proud of you Jill. This has been a long road and Ive really seen you change a lot in the last 6 months. You've gained a lot of patience and the way you've waited and obeyed when it was hard really shows glory to God. Wow I almost feel right off my chair. That is the best thing Ive had said to me in a long time and I'm glad God is getting all the glory. There are a lot of people who have waited or are waiting in this adoption world and some people struggle and some don't. Ive even had people say well its easy for you because..... haha waiting is waiting plain and simple. Its not easy and some days are just plain hard, like when your friends that all got referrals the same time you did or after are going for last trips to bring their children home. There's nothing easy about that however I know that my strength comes from God and without Him, Id be frustrated beyond words, venting about my wait every single day but I don't do that because I'm at peace and I know its not about me. The Lord gave us Amara just like He did Tristan and Austin, they're not ours to keep and at any moment He can take them away from us. We have to know that, trust Him and pray for strength and understanding. I love her and we've been ready to go since August but it's not our time and when it is we'll go so until then we will continue to pray and obey!

Lord Jesus, help us learn to enjoy the time we wait. Our life has not stopped just because we wait. You have fulfillment for us in this wait.

We are determined to experience the abundance you brought us and walk in your peace. We are determined to stop longing for what we’ve lost or what we have never had. Instead, we are going to make the most of this moment you have given us. We are going to live life more abundantly just like you promised we could.

We need you to do it for us. We are determined, but helpless. Lord, teach us to wait in your joy. Amen.

If you are reading this and you're truly struggle with a wait of any kind, spend some time in prayer and if you need someone to walk beside you let me know. I don't have answers but I do know the great peace that comes from knowing and trusting the Lord.

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment