We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Parmelee pictures and update

I finally got pictures from our mission trip uploaded. There are two places on the Indian Reservation that we went to, Parmelee and Corn Creek SD. They are about 10 mins apart. On this trip we had 34 people aging from 8 to 72. The woman and girls spent time in Parmelee working in the girls and boys home and building relationships while the men delivered wood and gifts to both places. They need the wood to heat their homes. There is a building in Corn Creek that needs to be fixed up in the hopes to be able to worship there so Jamie and a few guys are making plans to head back there within a few weeks to see what supplies/man power will be needed to get it fixed and ready.






I spoke with our agency today and she informed me that nothing has changed and we are still waiting. Again she said that if there is any change the coordinator would inform them asap. No news is good news! I asked her if she would be able to email the coordinator, I just want to hear that she's see Amara (Anna). I guess I needed a little more reassurance today. She said she would gladly do that and would let me know the response as soon as she got one but wanted to remind me that they are on holiday break until next week. So we wait....

Philippians 4:6 (New International Version)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment