We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Friday, January 22, 2010

Financial Obstacle

Can you imagine the panic I feel when my cell rings and its our agency...They told me I wouldn't hear from them unless it was bad news. So after holding my breath for what seemed to be minutes and deciding if I was even going to answer I did to get a voice on the other end saying...Jill its T and everything is OK with Anna, I just have some information. Whew...breath.

Our region has changed, we are now like most other regions where there's a 10 day wait after court. Up until Monday in our region we only made 2 trips, the visit one to visit the orphanage, ask questions, and legally sign to adopt her and the 2nd trip to do court and go home. Since the 10 days is no longer being waved it might be 3 trips which of course means more $$ for airfare and more time off work. We won't be deciding any of this until our 1st trip. There are a few options, we could both make all 3 trips, we could both make the 1st 2, come home and only I return to bring her home or we both go for the 1st 2 and I stay in region to wait out the 10 days. I have mixed feelings about both ways. I'm not worried about being in Russia alone however Jamie feels differently. Id miss the boys a ton yet if I was able to visit her daily during the 10 days it would be good bonding. We're going to pray about that to see how God leads us.

There was no other news on Amara(Anna). Feb is just around the corner and its time to start thinking about updating some documents.

Update on the foster program. We are 3 weeks into it and have 7 3 hour meetings left. Its been very informative and we're learning alot. There are 3 other couples in our group that live within 15 miles of us so we are car polling. We start our home study for this in a few weeks and should have our licenses by mid March. I'm still thinking that we wouldn't place any children in our home until Amara is here but God likes to mess with my plan so we'll see.

Its hockey again this weekend, Tristan has a Sat game and we open skate on Sunday. Hockey is a long season and takes alot of time but I'm loving being a hockey mom. This weekend I'm in the penalty box!!

We need to praise the Lord for the families that are finally getting court dates to bring their children home and also pray for the families of Haiti.

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment