We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Oh summer, I miss you!

Due to the rain which was predicted to turn to ice Tristan's hockey game was canceled today which means the Verduin family spend another wintry weekend day at home. I'm hoping this game will be rescheduled just not at the end of the season which would be the last weekend in Feb because my sisters children are having their birthday party than.

So what did we do on yet another day locked up, well Jamie spent time in the garage with my uncle Steve cutting up deer and chatting, the boys played games and computer, while I cleaned, did laundry and finished up all our documents for the foster meeting on Tues.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day, we're going to try to hit early service as I have been mentoring a lady and her children and tomorrow we're talking all 4 of the girls swimming! Its amazing how fast our Denali fills up when you add 4 more girls! Tomorrow night we have Kids Klub at church and than home to rest a few hours before back at it on Monday.

Some of you know it but I didnt mention it publicly because it sucked and it hurt to talk about it but we lost our parrot 2 weeks ago very unexpectly. She was fine when we put her light off for bed and the next day she was gone. Tristan and I had a very hard time with it and we weren't even sure we wanted another one. She had a huge cage, I mean huge, like 4 foot wide by 6 foot high and my wonderful hubby cut out the wall in the basement so her cage would slide in there and not be in the middle of the room. We have a large house but the cage was always in the way. We'll after looking into other types of birds and talking to our vet we've decided to get another one so he and I will be going Wed to meet her. We are proud to introduce to you the newest memeber of our family....Baby.



Praise the Lord, Donna and Jason got their court date and will be in Russia Feb 18th to get their daughter!! God is so good!

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment