We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Has it really been that long?

I know my updates are slim to none when I start getting emails and phone calls to find out what's going on. It's not like I didn't know I was absent and I'll be honest...I haven't felt like updating, I guess after I got the wind knocked outta me a few months back it's hard to get back into it but I'm going to try. I know there's many of you that are curious to know what's happening in our lives. I'm truly at a great place of peace however every time I thought about updating I was like no that's not important, and even though my news on the adoption is going to be very very little I can let you all know what we're doing and that we're still alive.

We are officially a hockey family. Tristan started hockey mid season and we've been busy running him to 2 practices a week plus open skate every chance he gets. This is the 1st year for him on the ice so he will be sitting the bench for home games as he needs practice on his skills. He was relieved about this decision. The guys on his team have been great sports about having a new player start in the middle of their season. Beginner or not he has a proud mom and one that's been polishing up on her ice skating skills as well. Alot of times he wants to go to open skate without friends so he can work on the skills so if I have to sit there for 2 hours I figure I may as well skate. I'll admit, I'm secretly enjoying this myself :)

Jamie is continuing to work outside but now that the thermometer reads -25 he may be home doing the honey do list. I have a partner in my Nutrition Club which gives me 2 full days off and I'm loving that, it gives me time to get my housework done and all my errands. Besides that 3 days a week will be plenty when Amara comes home, 0 would be even better....if I could only find a stay at home job besides daycare :)

The boys have been enjoying the time off from school and are not excited about going back on Wednesday. Boys will be boys and sometimes things got alittle out of hand but all in all its been fun having them home and I'm going to miss them.

We really don't have any news on the adoption. Our agency said that no news is good news and that they would call once in awhile to check in. I usually talk to them around the 1st so I will be calling them sometime this week. There are a few things that we do know 1) we love her and can't wait for Russia to say, Come! 2) we need to start redoing all our paperwork in Feb. 3) there's only 117 days left until she clears the database and that number makes us happy considering we started at 192!! Yippeee we'll be going before we know it.

The room where my home office used to be is redone besides the carpet because we can't decide on color, it's now the toy/play room . We still put all her toys in that room and its adorable. A friend of mine gave me tons of stuff from her daughter. Little Tikes kitchen, washer, and dryer. I love it now we just need little Amara in there.

We got home late last night from a Native American reservation. Our family went with a group from our church and another church to do mission work. It was an eye opener for us and the boys. Its sad to see how little some people live with when we have so much. This group goes about every other month and we plan to go as much as possible. We know that when Amara comes home it wont work to take her at such a young age so Jamie and I would have to take turns going or have my parents take her. The people of Parmelee have blessed us and for that we're thankful. God has been so good to us and our promise to Him is that as we wait, we will continue to serve Him. Our prayer as a family is that as we are doing things here on earth we as humans will never think we deserve something in return and that all the glory goes to the Lord. For it is because of Him.

After I speak to our agency I will update, I'm sure we wont know anymore than we do right now but at least you won't be wondering.

Please continue to pray for Amara and her caretakers and for all the people that are in the adoption process especially those who are waiting or those who are going through a rough time. A fellow blogger just lost their referral before Christmas and I can't imagine the pain that brings but we need to prayer for those people, that God provides strength as even though that was not the child for them their daughter is still out there and she needs this family to find her no matter the suffering!

Love you all and can't wait to see what 2010 has in store for all of us.

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment