We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Monday, August 31, 2009

What did "normal" people do this weekend?

I can't hardly believe it's Monday, the weekend flew by and when I share how busy we were you'll think we lost our minds. Jamie says to me Sat morning, did someone but an energizer battery in you, my answer was Yes! God did :)

Just to warn you this is going to be a long post because our weekend was the same amount of days as yours was we just slept less.

We had planned to paint the upstairs bedrooms and have talked about it for a few weeks but since our referral came and we're going to be traveling in September we decided we better get going. I have a lot of things on the "to do" list.

I paint a lot! My mom says if my walls could talk they'd say...we're full! haha isn't she cute? I usually paint the way I want but this time I let the boys do everything the way they wanted, including moving the furniture around. It was fun. We are waiting for the fathead stickers for Austin's walls so they still look bare, the white blinds and black curtains but this gives you a good idea. I will post a completed picture.


Austin's Iowa Hawkeyes Room









Now this was a fun room, maybe because it was LA Galaxy and now we can stare and David Beckham and his Herbalife jersey everyday. Tristan's room is closer to completion however we aren't 100% satisfied with the comforter. Thinking maybe a solid color would look better and he also needs curtains.

Tristan's LA Galaxy room









We are going to Sioux Falls on Saturday to get A's crib, dresser and bedding so I will also post a completed picture of her room.

A's room





We had a lot of brown in our bedrooms so this is a nice change. Jamie even thought I bought a new picture for above the bed...nope same picture the colors just really comes out because of the wall color. Love this color!

Our room







The boys also had a airsoft war with the youth group from our church last night. The played airsoft and made smores. Tristan hates bugs but we convinced him to go. When he came home he says mom it was a blast I was even jumping through the weeds!




We weren't the only one working this weekend, God was too. I have to share an update on a previous post living with no regrets. This may seem odd to some of you but we all have our own ways and not everyone understands how hard this can be so I wrote a letter to my dad, and I left it somewhere I knew he'd find it. That was a week ago Thursday and I didn't hear anything until Saturday night. We were having supper when Tristan says Hey mom! papa is here...I'll be honest my 1st thought was...not now and than immediately God said Hey Jill you asked me to help mend this and I'm doing it on my time not yours so I invited him in to have supper with us which by the way was awesome, Jamie had pork roast. It was kinda weird my dad hasn't been to our house in months but as we sat around the table making small talk I knew God was there. As he was getting ready to go he says, the reason I stopped was to find out about the boys, what are you doing with them while you go to Russia. I told him I had talked to a few people but no 100% commitment and he says I'll do it, your mom and I will work it out between us and we'll plan to stay here for your animals. Wow is that a God thing or what? I told him that was greatly appreciated several times and when he left I thanked God. God knows my heart and I want my dad to be apart of my life and I need him to be apart of my children's. The way God moved in our kitchen still makes my eyes water. Thanks for all who keep us in their prayers and keep them coming. My dad and I....we're going to make it!

I also have someone to run our nutritional club while were gone. God provided that to! We're going to Russia, the club will be open and my parents will watch the boys. God is reassuring us by paving the way that this is His plan for us.

Love
Jill

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment