We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Sunday, August 16, 2009

God will provide

I have to share whats on my heart. God is Amazing. I remember the day I 1st asked Jamie if we could start praying about adoption, we had a lot of fears and I'll be the 1st to admit it, some of the thoughts were selfish, like what about our freedom, things are so easy with the boys being 12 and 10 and the biggest one which is the same for most...money. At that time a friend told me God will provide and I have read that in His word multiple times since, He has given us so much throughout our lives and blessed us with so many "things". The "things" that He gave us in the past are the "things" that He is now asking us to part with so that He can provide. I told Jamie last night that if we ever went looking for God's approval on our path of adoption we wouldn't have to look very far. God's hand is in everything and He will provide...this does not mean that we'll get "handouts" along the way, sometimes we have to give things up to live in His glory. To date everything we tried to sell has been sold and rather quickly besides the treadmill. My blackberry sold last night.



Thank You Lord! We have raised over 30,000 which includes the selling of the "things" including the Harley motorcycles and our fundraisers. We are hoping to raise another 1000.00 through the fundraisers we're starting this week...God is paving the way and we're truly enjoying the ride! I believe that if you put your trust and faith in the Lord He delivers every single time, it's when we "try" too hard to control situations and circumstances when our lives become stressed and complicated...The Lord says, “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10).

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment