We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Is time flying?

Wow I can't believe I haven't posted since Mar 25th. I don't know if I'm getting some sort of special treatment from our Heavenly Father or if it's feeling like this for everyone but time is flying...seriously I can't believe today is April 1st already. That puts us down to



DAYS!!! I will be honest yesterday before I had my sit down with God I was bothered....feeling like somebody surely should be able to tell us something but after typing and retyping an email to the travel dept at our agency I decided I better not click send as it was sounding alittle snippy and ramped which was kinda how I was feeling...I mean come on give us travel dates so we can haul out the suitcases and get this show on the road. Things worked out anyway because later in the day I got an updated email on some questions we had asked a while back so I was than able to ask a few more :) She said they still didn't know for sure on travel dates so I kindly asked her if she would be able to inquire with the people in Russia to see if they had any idea. We were told about 2 weeks ago that we'd more than likely get called mid May...so what does that mean? That we'll get travel dates late April and travel mid May or that we'll get travel dates mid May and travel end of May. I just need alittle more right now. Of course being the great agency they are she says...no problem Jill I understand where you're coming from and I will get an email send right away and let you know as soon as I hear. I am now anxiously waiting the response! One thing we did get answered is that all our acceptance papers from last August will not have to be redone, which is good news. That means that they still have all out papers on hold over there and we shouldn't be held up, when the call comes it will be a...Book your flights call. Man that call can't come soon enough. God's time Jill, not yours hehe

We have all out updated paperwork turned in to Catholic Charities so they can update our International home study. That home visit will be April 12th. Our agency asked us to get this updated before 1st trip to hurry along the court date. Last we heard they thought time in between 1st trip and 2nd trip (court) would only be 5 weeks. That being said IF we go 1st trip mid May, 2nd trip mid June, come home to wait out 10 day wait we should be back in Russia to bring her home late June to early July. Now wouldn't that be a great Father's Day gift and birthday gift to Jamie!

We have completed our 10 weeks of MS MAPP classes for our foster/adoption licenses, finshed all 3 home visits and should have our license May 1st...the day Miss A is released from the database.

What else is happening in the Verduin home....Kids last day of school before Easter break is today and than they also have Monday off. Both boys have decided to go to a week summer camp, which I'm happy about, not for them to be gone because a week is a long time for me and Jamie but it's a Christian camp and they're at just that age where God needs to be at work in their minds and hearts. We got Tristan signed up for soccer. This is the 1st year our school has done it for 6th - 8th graders so it should be fun. The season is only from now until end of school year. I love it that he's getting more involved in sports. Jamie is busy at work, with the nice weather everyone is ready to start home improvements. I am still working 2 hours every morning from 2am - 4am, hate waking up but LOVE having my days free.

Church tonight, tomorrow night we're having Valerie and the girls over to color eggs, my sister will be home, Sat is the egg hunt in the park by our house. Next year we'll be there with bells on :) Sat night my family is getting together and Sunday...ahhh Sunday...Easter Sunday. HE IS RISEN.

Wishing you all a Happy Easter, remember why we celebrate. The candy and treats are great fro the kids but it's the cross my friends. He died on the cross to give you and I eternal life....thank Him!

Love Jill

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment