We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Thursday, March 25, 2010

10 things you may not know

I saw this on Beth Moore's blog and thought it would be fun to do. After you read mine share in the comments or do a post on your personal blog. I'd love to "see" more of who you are!

1) I have been self employed my whole life besides recently. I took a part time job, which I'm no longer doing and it left a bad taste in my mouth for time clocks and bosses.

2) If my whole family was on board I'd sell everything and live as a missionary.

3) Jamie and I have been together 15 years, divorced for 1 1/2 years until God radically changed our lives and brought our family back together. Stronger and better than ever with Him smack dap in the middle!

4) I have an older brother who everyone thinks is actually Jamie's brother and 1 younger sister who is like a best friend.

5) 3 years ago I was done having kids...

6) Our family building isn't ending after Amara gets home. I'd love to carry another child some day.

7) I have 2 biological boys Tristan - 13, Austin - 11 and a beautiful daughter Amara in Russia waiting for us to take her home forever.

8) I have 2 inside dogs (Coco and Chloe) an outside dog (Jade) a bird (Baby) and many fish...I love animals.

9) We are now licensed foster / adoptive parents in the state of Iowa.

10) I'm content just the way I am. I'm a sinner and I fall short every day but all that matters to me as that I obeyed the Lord's command to the best of my ability and He loves me no matter what.


Your turn share, share, share!

1 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Carala said...

very cool idea! When I get a minute I think I will do one on mine too! I'm a big procrastinater today...I need to shower and clean my bathroom...but I'm stuck on here! :-)

Thanks for sharing! Neat to hear about people and their journey! :-)

Carala :-)

Post a Comment