We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Praying for the small window

My days have been better! Prayer helps and I've decided that right now it's not good for my mind to be home alone everyday so Jamie and I sat down the other night and talked about what to do. We've decided that if the days are long now I will really need to find something to do with my time between 1st and 2nd trip so I've decided to accept an offer from my dad to work 25 hours a week for him. That has helped my mind...I need to stay busy right now :)

I also got a positive email from our agency which has helped. This is the update...

Government offices will be closed May 1-3 (for May day). May 4-7 should be normal working days (although this can change). May 8-10 will be closed again (Victor day celebration).

So there is a very small window (May 4-7) that we MIGHT get official information confirming she is available for international adoption during these dates. They ask us to please understand that this is what we hope for, but there is no guarantee that the official information will come during these dates- this is the best case scenario. Ultimately it is up to the government offices if they do this in between holidays, and it is out of our control. It is possible that we might not get the official information until after May 10. They said delays are common. After this official information is received, then we need to submit a document to request your first trip dates This document cannot be submitted until after the official information is given. Once they receive this document, then they will receive your first trip dates. At that time you will apply for your visas to go to Russia, which takes a week. So most likely, you should plan to travel in the 2nd half of May, and it could be closer to the end of May if we receive the official information after May 10.

This is good, of course traveling tomorrow sounds good to me but at least we have an idea. Join us in prayer that the information we need comes in the small window. God can do the unthinkable IF it's his will.

1 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Carala said...

Jill,
I am holding you in our prayers. I know how badly you hoped for much earlier travelling dates. We are in the same boat...and know we could very easily be travelling 2nd half of May too. God knows, God cares, and is always doing "behind the scenes" work! So, don't lose hope! He is doing amazing things! I know it! :-)
Your friend always.
Carala :-)

Post a Comment