We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Thanks

First I want to thank all of you that have emailed letting us know you are praying for us, we appreciate it more than you know. Everyone keeps asking me how I'm doing so I thought I'd let you all know. We're great, to be honest this really has affected us or our attitude. We have a great peace that comes from our Heavenly Father and in no way are we prepared to allow Satan to steal that. In my opinion I just don't think that Russia would be able to close all adoptions to the US. From 2001 to 2007 66,000 children were placed in US homes, with only 14 cases of craziness. There are currently 770,000 children in orphanages in Russia. I'm sorry to say this but with the number of kids without parental care and the amount of money that flows from US adoptive families they would have to think long and hard to end it. Things might slow done some and court will be rough for the families in the next 6 months but I just don't see it ending. For us personally I trust that God has a plan and it's already all worked out so all we can do is pray, have faith and as a friend told me...enjoy the ride! We are moving forward as always, still counting down the days and hoping to travel mid to late May. To us this is just another hurdle in the journey. So the count down continues.....

days!!

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment