We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hello Satan

Yesterday was hard on me, I can actually say it was the 1st really hard day and with a friendly reminder from my hubby I should be thankful I didn't have many more of those in the last 6 months. I'm sure that you all had those days that just trip you up and you really can't pin point why, well mine was yesterday. I already felt it as I was working my morning job, just irritated for no reason. So after I got the boys to school I thought maybe it was from not getting enough sleep so I laid down, which was good, I slept 3 hours so I must of needed it but it still didn't help my mood. I did a few loads of laundry than headed to get my hair done to find out that I had no idea where my wallet was...how was I going to pay for my hair color without my checkbook or my debit card, so I tore the car apart and than back in the house to tear that apart, almost late for my appointment I find a debit card only it has Jamie's name on it, no problem the lady is a friend of mine she wont mind. Whew get there only 3 mins late, hair done, go to pay and she says Jill it says this card is invalid..nice! To the bank I went to get cash, more irritated. Had some Herbalife to deliver so I did that before heading home to pick up the boys, get home, check my email to find an email from the travel department at our agency. It says....We THINK you will get travel dates mid May. THINK, let's stop thinking and get answers!! Wow that truly was an attack but exactly how I felt. Did I reply that way? Nope I didn't even reply because I knew it wouldn't come across good but that's how I wanted to answer along with...enough is enough...we have waited long enough now give us travel dates....that's when it hit me like a ton of bricks. It was like God smacked me right in the forehead. Who do I think I am that I'm owed something? We have a good agency and they're doing all they can around the government shutting down in Russia for May Day but yesterday no matter what anyone did it wasn't going to satisfy me. Satan really had ahold of me, making me believe this should all of a sudden be finished. I felt like I was telling God...OK man enough of you leading get out of the drivers seat, you re not going fast enough! I'm human but I'm also ashamed and the reason I'm ashamed is because after sitting down with Jamie and explaining exactly how I felt it dawned on me, I hadn't spent time with God since Sat morning. That doesn't work for me and when I get "too busy" this is exactly how I feel. Jamie and I prayed and I was wrong for allowing myself to let my emotions and feelings of the moment take over my day. Satan attacked and I allowed it, he convinced me that I was owed answers when instead I should of been rejoicing that our time is nearing the end and God provided peace and strength the whole way, its only when I try to be in control that things really get messed up. I'm a believer that when you struggle you need to get in the Word and work through God's promises so that's what I did and this is what I found...


Let the Lord lead you and trust Him to help .Psalm 37 :5

With all your heart you must trust the Lord and not your own judgment. Always let Him lead you , and He will clear the road for you to follow .Proverbs 3:5-6

But now you will again see the Lord , your teacher , and He will guide you . Whether you turn to the right or to the left , you will hear a voice saying "This is the road ! Now follow it ." Isaiah 30: 20-21

But the Lord God keeps me from being disgraced . So I refuse to give up , because I know God will never let me down .Isaiah50:7

Don't worry about anything , but pray about everything . With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and request to God . Then , because you belong to Christ Jesus , God will bless you with peace that on one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel. Philippians 4: 6-7

You say to me , "I will point out the road that you should follow. I will be your teacher and watch over you .Psalm 38: 8

If you do what the Lords wants , He will make certain each step you take is sure . The Lord will hold your hand , and if you stumble , you still won't fall .Psalm 37: 23-24

The Lord will protect you and keep you safe from all dangers . The Lord will protect you now and always where ever you go .Psalm 121: 7-8

Live under the protection of God Most High and stay in the shadow of God - All Powerful. Then you will say to the Lord , " You are my Fortress , my place of safety ; you are my God , and I trust you ." Psalm 91: 1-2

Don't fall into the trap of being a coward - trust the Lord , and you will be safe. Proverbs 29: 25

The Lord Most High is your fortress Run to Him for safety, and no terrible disasters will strike you or your home .Psalm 91: 9-10

God will command His angels to protect you wherever you go . They will carry you in their arms , and you won't hurt your feet on the stones.Psalm 91: 11-12

So don't be afraid of sudden disasters storms that strike those who are evil . You can be sure that the Lord will protect you from harm .Proverbs 3: 25-26

The Lord helps me ! Why should I be afraid of what people can do to me ?Hebrews 13:6
You are my hiding place ! You protect me from trouble , and you put songs in my heart because you have saved me .Psalm 32: 7

I may walk through the valleys as dark as death , but I won't be afraid . You are with me , and your shepherd's rod makes me feel safe . You treat me to a feast , while my enemies watch . You honor me as your guest , and you fill my cup until it over flows .Psalm 23: 4-5

God is our mighty fortress , always ready to help in times of trouble.Psalm 46:1

I give you peace , the kind of peace that only I can give . It isn't like the peace that this world can give . So don't be worried or afraid .John 14: 27

So day I started my day out different. I started my day with...Good Morning Lord... Today I'm thanking Him for all he's done for me instead of focusing on what I want changed and what I don't understand.

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment