We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Monday, November 2, 2009

Let the countdown begin

Talked with our agency today and nothing has changed besides we cleared the 10 day wait from court. Our 6 month countdown offically started yesterday Nov 1st. The wait is not always going to be easy and we're just going to take one day at a time and pray the Lord gives us everything we need for that day.

Please keep Amara in your prayers as there are still alot of circumstances that we may have to work through. Pray for us as well, we never imagined what this journey was going to look like or feel like when we started it last Dec. and we're glad we didn't. When I was praying about the choice to adopt God plainly said to me "come follow me" but He never said it was going to be easy. I believe His plan was to take the longest route knowing that by doing this and giving me a vision of what I'm doing it for that I'd grow in my relationship with Him. I'm actually thanking Him for this. Of course I'd love to bring Amara home tomorrow but like I said in a previous post I want to be at a place where all I need is Him and to be filled completely by Him. I've come along ways but God has some work to do on me and I beleive that's why we're talking the long route.

Amara my precious daughter who I long to hold and cuddle with, mommy and daddy and your 2 brothers will never leave you. You are in our hearts forever. Mommy is praying for you everyday and praying that God brings one very special caretaker in your life, one who will love and care for you until we get there. I love you so much and can't wait until next spring when we can play outside and rejoice because God chose you for us. My kisses will contuine to come to you through the air and the light we put on in your room as we anticipated your coming will remain on until you arrive.

I love you Amara
Love Mommy

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment