We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Blessing

I am in complete awe of what God can do. Yes I know He can do the impossible but when He sends you something like this I just sit back and think wow He really is good. As we approach the holidays its a bittersweet feeling. I have so many things to be thankful for, my relationship with my heavenly Father, my family, my hubby, my kiddos, my friends, my church family, my health, you see I could go on and on yet I'm not feeling complete. A part of my heart is in Russia but God gave me a blessing today. Almost a month into our wait a blessing came from above...we got an updated picture of Amara and how sweet she is. We asked when the paper work mess started if they thought we'd see an updated picture before April/May and they said more than likely not but God is bigger and we got one. She is getting older and we're missing out on parts of her life but God keeps showing us the way. I feel very blessed to have so many pictures of her already, it's almost as if we've known her from birth.

I am thankful that I serve such as amazing God, He is so good to me and even though the next 5 months may be hard and unknown He continues to show me that He's still in this with us. What more could I ask for? As sad as I am that she's not home with us right now I'm rejoicing at the same time.

1 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Amanda said...

Jill and Jamie,

I just wanted you to know you and Amara (and your boys) are still in our thoughts and prayers. I feel bad that I haven't emailed in a while...we've just had a lot going on with Anna. We're still praying for you. Hang in there! God will take care of you- and Amara!

T'amara, t'amara, I love you tomorrow, you're only a day away!!

Amanda

Post a Comment