We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Monday, November 9, 2009

Time has past

For those who have emailed to see if I'm alright...I am. I haven't been so faithful to my blog lately and I actually have good reason. I needed some time but it's more than that. When we first started our paperwork last Dec for me it was all about God and I didn't care who thought I was crazy for my choice to adopt or who tried to talk me out of it I was moving forward to glorify God but somewhere from the time we got that precious picture of Amara until we almost lost her I lost that purpose. I was so caught up in myself, shopping for Amara, getting her room ready that "for God's glory" took a back seat and so did my family and all that's important to me. Most of you can't imagine the emotions that where wrapped up in the last 2 months of my life unless you've personally lived it and even though it's hard and it still is I'm so grateful it all happened. I was doing things "Jill's way" and I'm glad God called out to be in a very loud bold voice. I feel I'm closer to God now than ever before and you see my friends that's His plan. He isn't doing this with the intentions to hurt me it's to strengthen me. This leads me to why I've been away...am I still going to blog our journey? Yes and am I still going to facebook? Yes but now that I feel I'm back on the path I started out on I'm going to try to stay here. This next 6 months is not mine so instead of writing in this blogger journal everyday I'm going to spend more time with the Lord, spend more one on one time with my boys and Jamie and do things that glorify the Lord. My prayer has been that He would use me as He sees fit so I'm going to stay close to Him with my eyes wide open. It's not about me and I love the Lord so much I can't wait to start living my life more for Him.

I hope God is blessing you in ways you never imagined.

Love
Jill

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment