We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Monday, June 15, 2009

Where have I been?

Seems like forever since I've posted so I'll fill you in on what's happening....nothing really exciting just busy.

This Friday night we did the cancer survivor walk for my mom and grandma and my sister and her 2 kiddos were able to come home from MO. It was great to spent time with them not to mention how proud I am of both my mom and my grandma. I dont remember what my grandma all went thru but I was right there with my mom and some days were not so great but she found her faith in the the Lord and she came through the other side. In all honestly my mom is more beautiful to me now then she ever was, I think it's because she has God in her...she's different and it's great to see, another changed life because of God. Yipppe

I have been struggling alittle, most would think it's because we're waiting for that referral and there's nothing to do. Well actually its not the wait, its the not knowing so I can get rooms ready. Jamie says its a control issue...hummm I think he may be onto something :) We have one room left upstairs that will be for our Princess and I have the bedding picked out so I'd love to start painting. I think I started painting the boys room as soon as the ultra sound was done so this is hard, however we are approved for 2 kids so if I paint the small room pink and she has a sister or brother Ill have to repaint because if it's a sister they will both go into one of the boys rooms and if it's a brother she will stay in the smaller room and he will go into one of the boys rooms. What to do...what to do. I also found the crib set I want and was actually thinking Id go ahead and get it until Jamie says...so you buying 1 or 2. Darn better not do that either in case she has a twin :) I thought for a single second that it would of been easier to only go for one then remembered the reason we got approved for 2. We wouldn't be able to leave one behind. So I'm not buying cribs, I'm not buying bedding, and I'm not painting, instead I'm waiting!

It's funny I love to read blogs about other families adopting from Russia and I always find myself counting the months from Dossier being registered to referral date. Gives me hope.

So while were waiting Jamie is continuing to do side jobs along with his 40+ work week at his regular job. I'm busy with my business however I applied for a part time job...2 - 2 1/2 hrs a day and they called today...I have an interview tomorrow. I actually thought it was kinda odd that Id have to have an interview for the position I applied for but that's OK, I guess they need to be sure I'm real. I'm not expecting money to fly thru the window so I believe that this is the way God is providing for us....the ability to work!

The boys are great. They wish it would warm up and be like summer once and there's days they think summer stinks because they wake up to a do-to-list but I love having them home.

We're been looking for a wood swing set and I think we found one, we should know tonight as it's used and we're waiting on the final answer. I'm going to be good at waiting hehe.

2 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Trisha, Duane, and Family said...

Greetings!!! Just wanted to tell you that I love to follow blogs also. You do a very nice job with yours and we enjoy it. DH and I are soon expecting to adopt our 10TH child (9TH adoption) and it seems the time is creeping past. Our HS is due to be complete the end of June!!! But, as I well know...it is all over way too soon. BTW...DH is explicit that we will not adopt again...so I had better enjoy it!!! Send me an email and I'll invite you to follow our new adoption blog. Praying for you...Trisha

Anonymous said...

Trust in God and take comfort in knowing that He knows the child who will be the best fit for your family. He is in control of all the little details of your adoption so just praise Him in ALL things.

Post a Comment