We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Out of town

More so than not I wish that weekends and week days could be flip flopped..there's simply not enough time on weekends to get everything done that one hopes to. We went to Jamie's mom's house for a visit this weekend and it ended up being a family weekend cause his sister and her children also decided to come. Jamie and I both had to work a full day Friday which made it close to 7:30pm before we left town putting us to his mom's around 10:30pm, we were tired from a long week so we chatted briefly and headed to bed. We took our two little house dogs along because to put them up in a pet motel for the weekend would kill our budget, well after the 1st night I was thinking to heck with the budget. Our dogs are kenneled at night because we don't allow them on the beds so this was the 1st night they got to sleep with us and needless to say it was a disaster. They were on the bed off the bed on the bed off the bed until 3am, I didn't get a wink of sleep not to mention Jamie snored through the whole ordeal. We were up by 7:30am to go to garage sales, reading the paper Friday night I found a few that had baby stuff...Jamie thought this was a crazy idea but he went along with it...he says "Jill you will never buy any of that "stuff" for our daughter" he was right I didn't spend a dime! We then took the boys to a fishing derby, however we never took any bait so the nice grandpa next to us gave us some hot dogs. They work good to catch blue gill. I know right about now you're thinking wow what some rednecks but we're really not! hehe After the derby we played cards with great grandma, to the parade at 3:30...OK let the truth be told I found my 10 yr old nephew for the candy. I'm a kid at heart :) Took the kids swimming which ended quickly because of rain, back home to grill, after we grilled the older boys went fishing again, Jamie and his step dad watched TV while us women chatted and painted our nails. We were all in bed by 11pm. The dogs slept well...wait maybe I just thought they did cause I was too tired to know any different. Either way I got a good night sleep. This morning we went to church at 9am and out for brunch with Jamie's mom's boss, his wife and their 3 children that were adopted from Russia!!! It was awesome to met their girls, ask questions and get to know each other. We will be heading back in August for great grandma's birthday party and we are hoping to be able to spend more time with them. Thanks for taking the time out of your day Todd and Juliann we truly enjoyed your family. We arrived home at 3pm and I love to visit family but man I love being home.

Being home....that leads me into my new business venture. Jamie and I will be opening a Nutritional Club in Orange City selling Herbalife Smoothies. We hope to be open August 1st. We are both very excited for this new avenue with Herbalife however it will also be a big adjustment for our family cause right now I'm selling Herbalife from home and this will take me away from home. We are thinking of being open 7am - 3pm Monday - Friday and not sure about Saturdays. That will allow Jamie to bring the boys to school since he don't have to be to work until 7:30 and then I'd be home after school. Our new location will be on the stop light corner in Orange City in the now iwireless store. We have a ton of things that need to be done before we can open so I will keep everyone posted. Make sure you stop in for a free smoothie once we're open!

I have always been an entrepreneur and some days I wonder if this is a good time to start a new business away from home with the adoption but I also believe that God buts opportunities in my sight for a reason. Right now I do phone sales and I was really wondering how I was going to do that from Russia...God is always ahead of us! Thanks Lord I love you and appreciate all you give me!

Hope you all had an amazing weekend as well!

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment