We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Please Pray

I find that as the sun stays out longer and life gets busy I somtimes find myself "too busy" to spend time with God so I have commited to spending 30 mins everyday on my knees for prayer and praise. I know God is working. This past week there were some crazy windy days and as much as I like calm days I love the windy ones because for me it's a sign that God is moving and that He's near. I have tons of people I pray for some don't even know it but tonight I come with a special prayer request. This is an email from frineds of ours Rod & Kally. They need to know God is near so please take some time to lift this family up to the Lord.

Hi Jill,

I know that you have been trying to get ahold of us and we are sorry we haven't got back to you sooner. I guess where we're at is the baby's cerebellum which controls movement is essentially non-existent. There's so much fluid build up, that its putting a lot of pressure on the brain stem as well. The brain stem is responsible for the primitive basics; Organ function like heart beat & breathing. What the doctors are predicting is that once the baby is born, she will not be able to breath on her own without help (a ventilator). It is our decision to go ahead & carry this baby full-term as long as I am capable & put her on the ventilator to keep her organs alive until they can be harvested. The down side to this, is because there is so much fluid build up, it may shut down her organs & they may not be viable at the time of her birth to donate. We will know within the week if she is even capable of being a donor. They have to finish the tests to make sure she is not carrying any genetic abnormalities, but right now we are trying to find a reason, a purpose, for her brief life with us. Organ donation seems to be the only thing we can think of. It makes our decision easier to bear, knowing that she may save anothers life. We have asked a friend to help Rod design & build her casket & we will be burying her at the family cemetery on the ranch. My dad said that of course that was what its for, but he never imagined it would be a grandbaby who would be buried there first.

Thank you so much for caring. We really need prayers for strength as we have a very long & difficult journey ahead of us.

Your Sister in Christ,

Kally

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment