We may not be able to save every child, but we can respond one at a time. Do not be discouraged by numbers, but instead be encouraged that when we feed, visit, love and clothe an orphan- we did it for Christ. I tell you the truth- whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Friday, May 27, 2011

Bittersweet

Today we had court, I really dislike these days, this was the 4th court hearing I've been to with our current kiddos and each one is equally draining. Let me 1st say that I wholeheartedly believe that the best place for kids to be is with their bio parents IF it's a safe place. Visits will be increased in time and be unsupervised. Scary? Yes, however if reunification is going to happen I NEED to know that the kids will be safe, loved, feed and not neglected. I can't say that right now when everything is supervised so as scary as it is it will be good. If the kids go home I need to know in my heart and mind that they will be OK and I guess the only way that will happen is by proof. After court I decided I really had 2 choices. I could fight this and send the kids home wondering if they're OK or I could help the parents parent and know they'll be OK. 2nd option seems easier! I've also come to the conclusion that no matter what these 2 are God's children and He loves them more than any of us ever could. He knows what they need and He knows whats best. Period. So I will continue to show them what a family feels and looks like and leave the rest up to the Lord.

0 thoughts or words of encouragment:

Post a Comment